Saturday, June 28, 2008

SlyDial: When you just want to leave a message, and not talk for an hour.


A few months back I received a Beta invite to try out a new service called SlyDial. Basically, its a service that allows you to leave almost any person a voice message, without the recipients phone ever ringing.

This type of service is perfect for anyone who just wants to leave someone a message, without having to "catch-up" with a talkative friend or relative.

Seems like a pretty cool service, I tried it out for myself and it actually works. I had it call my cell phone, and yes, it went right to voice. However, something interesting happened, my cell phone still showed a missed call. So the service somehow rang my phone for a split second and went straight to VM--pretty cool. Plus, it even showed the original Caller ID, not the caller ID of the Slydial service. This means that not only will the receipent see the voice mail, they will also ask themselves, "how did I miss that call, I didn't even hear it ring..."

If you want to try it for yourself, call 267-SLYDIAL (267-759-3425).

2 comments:

Joe said...

Wow. thanks for pointing this out. I run into situations all the time where I want to leave someone a message without actually talking to them. Thanks, B!

Joe said...

Just tried it from my cell phone. It won't let you use the service if your number is blocked. Darn.

Post a Comment

 
Design by F.W.T.
Web Statistics